I’m in total denial that school is going to start soon because I really do enjoy having my kids at home in the summer. However, my kids love school and are almost already to go back. So, it is time for me to get my act together and get ready for school. Here are a few things to help me to be prepared.
- Shoes- I love shoes and I don’t mind spending a little more for nice shoes that will last. I like these girls shoes, especially because they slip on. These boots are a great price during the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale. I would like Anderson to get these, but I am sure he would prefer these. Madsen is not going to school, but these are so cute.
- School Supplies- One thing that I feel passionately about is good pencils. Cheap pencils drive me crazy because they are hard to sharpen, they break easily and the erasers on them stink. We always get Dixon Ticonderoga, hopefully 96 of them will last us the year.
- Lunches- This site had some great reviews on different lunch boxes and pros and cons of each. I loved her ideas for healthy lunches. This year I am buying each of my kids a Thermos so that we can do soup for lunches. We are also going to get these because I am really trying to get away from all plastic.
- Uniforms-My kids have to wear uniforms to school, so slowly I am buying those. I did a post about uniforms and which ones we love here.
- Backpacks- This blog has some backpack reviews that are helpful. In the past, I have bought backpacks from Pottery Barn Kids and they have held up really well.
Where are you favorite places to get back to school supplies?