School is back in session, though it feels like the middle of summer (Because it practically IS!). I am in denial, so I haven’t yet jumped whole-heartedly back into the routine. As a result, laundry is piling up a bit and the boys may or may not actually have any decent school clothes to wear just yet.
When it comes to laundry, I feel like I can’t just land on the perfect solution. Is fabric softener harmful to flame retardant pajamas? Do we even own any flame retardant pajamas? What about dryer sheets? Consumer Reports gives a basic overview of their best picks for detergents but I think I am looking for the right combination of a clean (not flowery) scent, softness, stain fighting, and wrinkle free magic.
I think the laundry guru in the blogging world has got to be Jillee over at One Good Thing by Jillee. She knows her stuff. So today I’m going to be sharing a bunch of links to her fabulous posts.
- For basic general laundry tips, this post covers it all.
- If you want to make your own, on a budget, that could last an entire year, try out this recipe. If you’re not sure you want to commit to a year’s supply, check out this trial sized version.
- If liquid detergent is more your thing, here’s a quick and easy recipe.
- A lot of boiling hot water and this miracle whitening solution should get those whites nice and bright.
- If your colors tend to bleed in the wash, you can make your own color catchers.
When it comes to folding, I’m not a huge fan. The only way it’s bearable to me is if I can watch fantastic shows like these or these or these or these. But I don’t think I would be willing to pay $800 for a robot to fold it for me.
This year I’ve determined that the boys will do their own laundry but that feels like a project to start in September (When school should actually begin!).
Happy laundering friends…
What’s your perfect laundry detergent solution?